LAST UPDATED: December 3rd, 2019
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
California Consumer Privacy Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Aurora does not sell the information it receives by it’s customers, vendors, or its affiliates.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by contacting Aurora World, Inc directly. You can find our contact information through our Contact Us page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 18. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older.
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products and services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, request embroidery service, use any of our social media platforms service or use our any of our sites.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
personal details including hometown and purchase history, payment or credit card information;
- When interacting with our Sites , certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Sites, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your email for discounts and promotions. We may obtain this consent through our Sites or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent by web browsers.
How and Why would Aurora World, Inc. use your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide You With The Products, Services, And Customer Care You Request
When you use our Sites, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Auroragift.com, or participate in an event or promotion through any of our platforms, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event, contest, or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
If you are an existing customer of Aurora World, Inc. (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Aurora World, Inc. products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. For example providing your email voluntarily to create an account with us.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We may use data about how our visitors use our sites and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to auroragift.com search for and find products to help optimize our site’s organization, promotions, and products.
All other uses of data
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Aurora World, Inc shares data with:
- Aurora World, Inc entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Aurora World, Inc.’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
- We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your Aurora account, but, we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations.
Managing your personal data: You may have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please Contact Us.
Managing your notifications: If you have an Aurora World, Inc. account, you can opt-out of receiving Aurora World, Inc.’s marketing communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the “Contact Us” section of our site.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Aurora World, Inc. collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
- Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. There are also general resources for opting out of interest based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
USING Aurora World, Inc. Sites and Apps with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Sites and Apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Sites and Apps can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your Aurora World, Inc. account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Aurora World, Inc. activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Sites may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please Contact Us.